Performance testing with Gatling + Java or Scala
Unlock the full potential of performance testing with our comprehensive training course that explores the ins and outs of Gatling, a powerful and efficient performance testing tool. This course is designed to guide you through the essential concepts and practical applications of performance testing, ensuring you have the knowledge and skills needed to excel in this critical area of software testing.
The course begins with an introduction to software performance, covering the fundamentals of performance tests, various types of testing, associated risks, and key metrics. You’ll learn how to design and set up performance tests, as well as effectively analyze results using statistical tools.
Finally, the course concludes with an exploration of advanced topics, including performance requirements definition, functional and non-functional assertions, the role of load balancers in performance testing, and working with SLIs, SLAs, and SLOs. By mastering these concepts, you’ll be well-equipped to establish clear performance metrics and effectively report to business and management stakeholders.
Don’t miss this opportunity to enhance your skillset and become a highly proficient performance tester with our Gatling Performance Testing Training. Enroll today and take the first step towards transforming your software testing career.
Basic intro to software performance
- Definition of performance tests
- Types of performance testing
- Risk connected with late performance issues discovery
- Basic performance testing metrics
- Design and setup of performance tests
- Statistical tools used in performance analysis
- Starting the project
- Architecture of system tested (Java application created in Spring Boot available through REST API)
- How to run the project and tests together
- Refactoring the Gatling startup script into more maintainable and understandable objects
- Working with static test data in *.json or *.csv format
- Generating random test data using code
- Saving and reusing values from HTTP responses (e.g., JWT tokens)
- Building requests using easy-to-maintain domain objects (DTOs)
- Traffic profiling
- Cleaning test data using less commonly used Gatling methods
- Analyzing test results/reports
- Performance requirements definition
- Functional and non-functional assertions
- Load balancer and its importance in context of performance testing
- SLIs, SLAs, SLOs
- Introducing clear performance metrics, reporting to business and management
- How: Online or Offline
- Language: English or Polish
- Length: 2 days
- Level: Regular
- Language: Java or Scala
- Environment: https://github.com/slawekradzyminski/awesome-localstack
Registration & Inquiries
If you’re interested in having me teach this course at your organization, or if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via email at email@example.com or use the contact form on this page. I look forward to helping you enhance your software testing skills and elevate your testing expertise.
Go back to training page.